Partners Advertising looks to hire all types of creative, marketing, and web development positions. We are actively reviewing submissions for the following:
Part-Time/ Freelance PHP Developer
Our full-service ad agency is currently seeking an experienced, agency-friendly freelance PHP developer to take on web development work as-needed. This is primarily remote position, however, occasional visits to our Harrisburg, PA office would be required for certain projects.
We’re on the hunt for a local PHP dev experienced enough to build projects from scratch but comfortable working within the constraints of some open-source CMS packages.
In addition to a minimum 3 solid years of PHP programming experience, this job requires proven, practical application of:
- Installing, customizing and/or updating open source CMSs, particularly WordPress, Joomla, PyroCMS
- Building, deploying and maintaining plugins/extensions for the same.
- Building custom web-based applications from scratch or with a framework (CodeIgniter preferred)
- Turning PSD comps and discussed ideas into working web pages/UI
- Modern front-end development standards (HTML5, CSS3 in particular)
- MVC/ OOP patterns
- Mobile web development (both responsive design & mobile-tailored apps)
- XML/ Ajax
- Producing efficient code within the standards set by the existing framework
- Troubleshooting, updating, and repairing problems with existing sites
- Migrating and/or maintaining sites
- Effectively communicating technical ideas and concerns to a non-technical group.
- Setting and meeting reasonable deadlines.
Other important skills include:
- Ability to troubleshoot broken code, using your IDE and/or browser-based tools
- Ability to optimize website performance and security beyond basic page compression
- Functional understanding of SEO as it relates to semantic web development
- Functional understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and an ability to compensate for issues that arise beyond the normal
- Confidence adding/ updating content to web-based CMS
And, ideally, you can demonstrate chops in the following:
- Installing, customizing, and extending open-source ecommerce platforms (Lemonstand experience a plus)
- Interfacing with payment gateways using both basic and advanced sever integration methods (PayPal, Authorize.net, FirstData, etc)
- Clear understanding of PCI compliance concerns as they pertain to Level 4 & 5 online merchants.
It should go without saying, but we need someone with excellent written and verbal communication skills who has talent, drive and a good helping of fearlessness when it comes to new projects.
Sound good? Great!
We are a small but busy agency who has served a variety of clients throughout the US for over twenty years. If you’re local to Central Pennsylvania, and you think this job might be a fit for you, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- An introduction including your expertise and why you think you’d be a great fit for us.
- A sample of code (or a link to a sample) you wrote yourself, preferably one designed to work with a framework/CMS described above. Tell us about it.
- A link to your online portfolio or three other examples of your work. Tell us how you contributed to each.
- Your work availability and rates.
We hope to hear from you soon!
* Equal Opportunity Employer.